The Source is a new independent online business and financial news service in Zimbabwe that provides detailed, accurate, real-time news and analysis. The news service is run by Zimbabweans, serving local and international media organisations, financial institutions and fellow citizens – providing trusted information that will also be of value to potential foreign investors.
Nelson Banya joined The Source on May 1 2013 and his main responsibility is to co-ordinate coverage and contributions from a network of financial journalists across Zimbabwe as well as to uphold the editorial integrity of The Source, ensuring that content is of the highest standard.
Nelson Banya is a graduate of the School of Mass Communication in Harare and was a Reuters correspondent in Harare for seven years. Before joining Reuters, Nelson was News Editor at The Financial Gazette, Zimbabwe’s oldest independent financial newspaper.
He has been a journalist for the past 10 years.
Alfonce is a former Business Editor with Chronicle in Bulawayo and has worked for various publications in Africa. He joined Reuters in 2011 and The Source in May, 2013.
Onai Petra Abote
Onai is the Project Coordinator and carries out the day to day administrative functions of The Source. She holds a journalism qualification with a major in broadcasting and is a certified course trainer.
Kudakwashe joins the newsroom as an intern. He is currently studying at the Zimbabwe Open University.
Updated on July 25, 2013
- By accessing the Service, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old or, if younger than 18, are at least 13 or older and have a parent’s or guardian’s permission to access or use the Service.
- The text, photographs, video, graphics, metadata, quotes, data, information, the overall “look and feel”, and all protectable intellectual property available through the Service (“Content”) is the property of The Source and its licensors. It is provided by The Source and its licensors to you for your personal use and information only. You may not use the Content or Service for any commercial purpose. You may not remove, alter, forward, scrape, copy, sell, distribute, retransmit, create derivative works or otherwise make available the Content to third parties without our prior written consent, except as occasionally permitted by any sharing functionality in the Service that expressly allows you to share Content or links to Content with a few other individuals. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discern the source code or architecture of any feature or component of the Service.
- You acknowledge and agree that all intellectual property rights in the Service and the Content (in whole and in part), including, but not limited to, all copyright and trademarks, are and shall remain the property of The Source, its affiliates, and/or our licensors, and you shall not acquire any rights in them. Except for the limited license expressly set forth herein, you are not conferred any right, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, under copyright or other intellectual property rights, either now or in the future. We have arrangements with third party providers of printing services to enable you to purchase re-prints of certain Content (accessible through “Reprint” links on the Service).
- You may be permitted to register or otherwise create a user account, user name or password (your “Registration”) that allow you to access or receive certain Content and/or to participate or utilize certain features of the Service, including features in which you interact with us or other users. You represent and warrant that the information provided in your Registration is complete and accurate to the best of your knowledge, and you will inform us of any changes to your Registration information. You are responsible for the use of any password you create as part of your Registration and for maintaining its confidentiality. You agree that we may use this password to identify you. We reserve the right to deny, restrict or terminate your access to any Content or feature reached via such Registration process for any reason, in our sole discretion.
- We have no obligation to store and may remove or delete any User Material for any reason, at any time and without notice to you.
- We do not guarantee the accuracy of or endorse the views or opinions given by any third party content provider, advertiser, sponsor or other user. We may link to, reference, or promote websites, applications and/or services from third parties. You agree that we are not responsible for, and do not control such websites, applications or services. We run paid advertisements and sponsorships from third parties on the Service. Any dealings you have with any third party advertisers or sponsors are solely between you and such advertiser or sponsor.
- The Service and Content are provided for informational purposes only. You understand and agree that the Service does not recommend any security, financial product or instrument, nor does mention of a particular security on the Service constitute a recommendation for you to buy, sell, or hold that or any other security, financial product or investment. The Service does not provide tax, legal or investment advice or opinion regarding the suitability, value or profitability of any particular security, portfolio or investment strategy. Neither we nor our licensors shall be liable for any errors, inaccuracies or delays in the Service or any Content, or for any actions taken by you in reliance thereon. You expressly agree that your use of the Service and the Content is at your sole risk.
- YOU AGREE THAT YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE AND ANY CONTENT, COMPONENT OR FEATURE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE IS ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM OR RELATED TO ACCESS, USE OR THE UNAVAILBILITY OF THE SERVICE (OR ANY PART THEREOF).
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SOURCE, ITS TRUST, AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE TRUSTEES, SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, ADVERTISERS, CONTENT PROVIDERS AND LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY, “THE SOURCE PARTIES”) WILL NOT BE LIABLE (JOINTLY OR SEVERALLY) TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUESTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS AND LOST REVENUES, WHETHER IN NEGLIGENCE, TORT, CONTRACT OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EVEN IF THE SOURCE PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OR COULD HAVE FORESEEN ANY SUCH DAMAGES.