DIGITAL PRODUCT MANAGER
The Source is an independent Zimbabwean business and financial news agency.
We are looking for a driven, results-oriented self-starter who will develop and curate The Source’s content on multifarious digital platforms.
The position combines digital product development, product management and journalism.
Working closely with the news team, the Digital Product Manager will have responsibility for the following areas:
- Day-to-day oversight over The Source’s digital product offerings (website, social — including The Source’s newsbot — mailing lists, data journalism and special projects)
- Co-ordination between The Source staff and external specialists for both initial product development and continuous improvement
- Profit and loss responsibility for individual digital products developed in The Source’s portfolio
- Development of new workflows to support both small graphics and data visualizations and larger projects, including The Source’s investigations
The Digital Product Manager is NOT an IT support person and will not be responsible for fixing the wifi or attending to hardware, software and network problems. Instead, they would support the staff in doing their journalistic work, primarily by showing them how to use existing, user-friendly digital tools that help them do their jobs better.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS – ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Working knowledge of journalism and digital media technology
- Good organisation and attention to detail
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload and demands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A self-starter who works effectively in a diverse team
- Must be willing to work in Harare, Zimbabwe
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in Zimbabwe
- Must be able to work early morning, night and weekend hours as demanded by the news agency environment, breaking news or other editorial requirements of the business
The Source is committed to being an inclusive employer and offers an inclusive working environment which celebrates the diversity of our community. Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applications with CVs and copies of academic/professional qualifications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than May 22, 2017.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.